Thursday, May 12, 2005

What I Don't Like About my Job

I love being a teacher, but there are a few things that I hate. Just for ease they are put in list form.
1. 50 minute commute one way
2. passing farm equipment on a two lane road
3. the pencil sharpener
4. end of year testing
5. not having a supportive administration
6. reading first program
7. tattling
8. people who are supposed to work on a team but don't
9. a counselor, principal, music teacher, reading recovery teacher, librarian, and p.e. teacher that don't do their job
10. grants/americorp helpers what a waste of time and money
11. not being informed
12. last minute change of plans
13. field day
14. six year olds that say the f word in class
15. principals that lie
16. kids that use the bathroom on the playground or in their pants

needless to say, it's been a long day/week. i'm actively seeking another job. my school stinks.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Right now I'm watching Mega Mix of Spring Sing 2003. I miss you Kyla! Tonight I'm making up choreography for Richland Hills VBS, "I Need a Hero" is one of my projects to teach tomorrow. I'm having a dancers block. I decided to pull out Superhero and watch the choreography for "I need a hero", which I can't really use any of it. Now I'm just watching the good clips from this year. Chi Sigs and Regina's still give me goose bumps. I still love our show. We did a good job. It's so fun. I got up and tried to do some of it, I wasn't as successful as I thought I would be! OK I better stop procrastinating and get to my choreography! I love you and I miss you!

Lindsey said...

Kyla, I'm SOOO bummed that I can't come. Arrrrgh!

Lindsey said...

Let's see. OK I have my last VBS performance on Wednesday night. I could come pick you up around noon on Wednesday in Greenville and you could spend the night with me on Wednesday, and just come to VBS that night. You could hang out with people at RH, I know Laura Beth will be teaching so you could sit with her at the musical. I'll probably have to stay a while afterwards and clean up the set. Either that or I could just come get you on Thursday. Whatever you need to do, I just have things going on everynight, but the days are cool for me to pick you up. Just let me know! Love you!

Lindsey said...

That sounds good, I'll just meet up with you in the afternoon in Dallas, umm probably around like 4 or so, then we will just head straight over to the church. You can just spend the night and watch the show. Yay!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker