Thursday, May 05, 2005

Wedding Weirdness

This has been a weird month for wedding and engagement news. What is the proper etiquette for asking someone to be in your wedding? If you were in someone else's wedding should you return the favor? My best friend from growing up is getting married in July. I am not in here wedding, but she was in mine. I know this is petty, but it really bothers me that I am not in the wedding? Should I be upset, or should I just forget it and go on?
The real problem I think is that she is marrying my ex-boyfriend. I feel that I am not in the wedding just because he doesn't want me in it. I feel that I am closing a door on this friendship. I do not want to, but I feel that I can't be a part of her life because of the man she is choosing to marry. Yes, it was a messy break-up and things weren't really resolved, but why should that change my relationship with my friend. Can't we all move on? It's been five years, and I've been married for 1 1/2 years. Could we please act like adults and share in each others exciting times? I almost don't want to go to the wedding because of all the weirdness. What should I do?

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Talk to her about it. Maybe she's just afraid of hurting your feelings by having you in the wedding, instead you're being hurt by not being in the wedding. It totally stinks. I love you! I hope you have a GREAT day!

stevenjared0853 said...

Sad to hear that you cannot attend your friend’s wedding because of some past issue. Same thing happened with my cousin sister when she could attend her best friend’s wedding at one of DC wedding venues. It was really very painful for her.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker