Thursday, April 12, 2007

Contacts, sweet contacts

I am blind as a bat. I've worn contacts since 5th grade. I started with contacts. I somehow convinced my mom that I was responsible enough to wear disposable contacts at the ripe age of 10. I wore my contacts but not at the recommended wear for a week, rest, and then one more week. After that I was supposed to throw them away. Well, I chose the method of wearing them until they were so dirty I couldn't see out of them or they fell out of my eyes. I would throw them away and sleep without them and then the next morning I would put the new pair in. I have not had trouble with my contacts at all. Sure, I've had pink eye and a few other eye infections, but I couldn't be happier with my contacts. I only got glasses in case I had an infection because my camp days would cause that to frequently occur. About a month ago my contacts had reached maximum dirt. I did my normal routine of throwing them away. I knew I had a back up pair because I had just bought them. I went to bed thinking I had nothing to worry about. The next morning, the extra pairs weren't there. I couldn't find them anywhere. I checked the closet and medicine cabinet. I even checked luggage to see if I had packed them and never unpacked. No where. I can't even begin to tell you how difficult this was without my glasses on. I decided to wear the glasses and keep looking for my contacts for awhile because I didn't want to have to pay for another box when I had extras already. After 3 weeks, I gave in. I was tired of wearing my glasses and the contacts where still no where to be found. I ordered two boxes (12 pairs) just in case. I had forgotten how much I loved contacts. What a joy to be able to see what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night (which happens a lot these days with Gabe getting big enough to press on my bladder). I now check everyday to make sure the contacts are still on the bathroom shelf every morning, so I don't have to experience this again.

My alarm clock digits are 3 inches tall, and I have to hold it up to my face to see the clock. There's no hope for even possibly seeing my watch. Thank goodness for contacts!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Ditto! I couldn't live without my contacts!!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker