Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Mimi again

Still no news about Mimi. She has not left this Earth yet, but she is getting ever nearer. Last night I sat with Ty's mom in Mimi's room to around 9:00. Hospice has come in on a continual schedule. Mimi's night nurse was wonderful! Mimi was in and out of consciousness yesterday, and she was in a lot of pain. When her night nurse got there, she gave Mimi a wonderful sponge bath with lotion and lots of smell good powder. She changed Mimi's sheets without making her get out of bed (a very unique and appreciated talent). The last thing I heard Mimi say was to the night nurse asking where she had been earlier. It was the first time Mimi had ever met her. Mimi then fell asleep and was soundly resting without waking up to pain until after 9 am this morning. What a blessing that was for Mimi and the family. That nurse will be back in about 20 minutes. Hopefully, Mimi will get that wonderful pleasure and experience again today. The night nurse told me that hospice is her ministry and she loves her job. Well, she ministered to our family last night, and we love her for the way she does her job.

3 comments:

Kim Hodges said...

Hi, Kyla! Thanks for the comment, and I'm so glad to find your blog!

So sorry your family is going through a hard time on Valentine's Day. I've already said a quick prayer for you guys!

I've found from reading some of your previous blogs that we continue to have things in common beyond just HA and running. :) I, too, was a cheerleading coach for a while. Plus we have 2 pugs!

Blessings on your pregnancy. Hope everything goes smoothly!

Amber said...

I know what a blessing a good home nurse can be. I'm so glad that Mimi has someone that takes special care of her.

tleaf10 said...

Hey Kyla! I saw your status on facebook and looked at your profile to see who had passed away and it let me to your blog...Sorry to hear about your loss. I was very excited to hear that you're pregnant! Melissa is due right around the same time you are. Hope you're doing well!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker