Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Life as a Mom

Tomorrow my son will be one month old. My life with a newborn has changed dramatically. I have learned so many things (like how to update a blog while only being able to type with one hand).

I have so much to love about being a mom:
  1. I have someone to snuggle with 24/7.

  2. The smell of a baby.

  3. Showing off my baby.

  4. Compliments on how pretty my baby is.

  5. Watching a newborn sleep and all the facial expressions that change.

  6. Not having to go to work

  7. Listening to all the coos, sighs, and grunts

  8. learning that i could have lived my entire life with just one arm, because there are so many things i can do with one arm that i always used two arms for before.

Things I dislike about being a mom:

  1. getting up every two hours in the night

  2. engorged boobs (wow they hurt)

  3. not having social interaction with adults until my husband gets off work and back from the gym.

  4. the pain and soreness in my woman areas that does not seem to want to go away even four weeks later.

now for pictures of the sweet baby boy!

2 comments:

Amber said...

He sure is cute! Thanks for the update... and I hope you feel better soon! ;)

Kim Hodges said...

Great lists! I'm learning that my lists grow and change but that the first is always longer than the second!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker