Monday, August 08, 2005

Nervous things that go with a new job

I have a new job teaching seventh grade science. I am very excited about it. I have been going to meetings, and have had lots of scary things surface.
  • will the other teachers like me
  • will i be mistaken for a 7th grader (i already have by the school counselor)
  • not knowing where things are like the gym and choir room
  • not having the materials
  • not knowing any of the people i'm working with
  • switching from 1st grade to 7th
  • is my boss laid back or uptight
  • will i be good at teaching
  • i don't know how to dissect a worm or frog...will i mess it up?

there are many other worries, but these have been some major ones that i feel often. tomorrow is open house and staff development. hopefully i'll feel better about things after tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh Kyla, you will be incredible. You're talented at everything you do! Call me if you ever a free moment. I'm halfway through the third traveling pants book. Oh how I love the pants.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker