Monday, March 05, 2007

Pants Matter

I've always prided myself in maintaining my weight. Have I always been happy with that weight? No, but can I maintain it? Yes! I have only gained 13 pounds since I graduated from high school nearly 7 years ago including during my pregnancy so far. In all actuallity, most have that has been gained since I've been married. School lunches will do that to you, I guess.

Today was a sad day. My pants would no longer button. Not even sucking in and laying on the bed would allow the button hole and button to meet. So, being the money saver and time saver that I am (I'd already ironed them for crying out loud), I improvised. I pulled extra pony tail elastics out of the closet and hooked it through my belt loop. I have now made my pants last a few weeks longer by having some give to the pants. The 2 pounds since the pregnancy has really increased my pant size. More so than the 11 since graduation. That is so weird to me. I'll take pictures sometime soon of my small growing belly. In the 14 week now. 26 to go.

1 comment:

Amber said...

pregnancy weight is different (I guess!) but it's for a beautiful reason! the elastic ponytail holders is a famous, cheap fix to make your current pants last a little longer.

I'm so excited for you! Congrats!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker