Saturday, March 03, 2007

Friends

Ty and I are in a rough spot. We live in Searcy, and it's just a rough town for friends when you aren't affliated with Harding anymore. Ty has his friends, which I like but most don't have wives. I have my friends, but they are all older and it's just weird to hang out other than at work. We had 3 sets of good friends in Searcy, but they weren't all close with each other. Mike and Stephanie moved last May. I miss them so much. We've seen each other a few times since then, but it's just not the same. We don't have near as much contact with them. We just found out that our friends Daniel and Ryan will probably be moving to Kuwait in two months. I am so sad about that. They are great friends. Ryan and I went to consignment sales for my baby this weekend. I wish they weren't going. I understand that people move away, but I'm so upset because they are moving out of the country. Ken and Natalie are still here, and I'm thankful about that. However, I am extremely sad about losing the other two sets of married friends. I'm officially on a married friend search. That way we can have some close friends around in case others are busy or out of town or whatever.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness. Daniel and Ryan are moving to Kuwait? Is it because his parents are there? Oh my.

If we lived closer, I'd be willing to go to consignments stores shopping for the baby with you! Sorry you don't have many close friends around. I bet you'll meet someone new soon!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker