Saturday, May 19, 2007

I love Lucy

The other night, Ty and I had an original "I Love Lucy" episode in our kitchen. I came home from work and Ty was in the kitchen starting dinner. He had this huge casserole dish on the stove top. I thought he was just doing prep work of chopping and stuff, so I didn't say anything about how that dish can't be heated on the burner. I went into the laundry room, and just as I step in there, I hear this huge explosion. I walk back into the kitchen to see that the casserole dish was split in half. Ty didn't know that the casserole dish couldn't be used on the burner, and he had the burner on to melt the butter. Well, I start cleaning up broken shards of pyrex and the food that was in the dish. Ty continues cooking. I start to smell something burning. So I am checking burners, and can't find anything. Ty told me that he had turned on the oven. I open the oven to find a stryofoam container that Ty had left in there completely melted. So I start to clean that up. I had to turn the oven off, so it would be cool enough for me to get stuff out. All the stryofoam then cooled and wouldn't come off. So we had to turn the oven back on to be able to get the stryofoam out. I was laughing so hard by the end of this. We did eventually eat our dinner, but it took a lot longer. I'm not sure why we didn't give up, but we didn't and dinner was great. Now whenever we turn on our oven, we still smell burnt plastic. We can't find it in the oven. I hope that isn't a fire hazard.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Haha. That's funny. I'm glad y'all didn't get discouraged and stop..I know Mike and I would have. We would have just eaten pb&j or something. Yay, only a month and a few days til we get to come to Searcy!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker