Friday, July 14, 2006

Chaos

We just finished up fireworks. It was an experience in and of it self. If you want more details about that you can call or ask me in person. However, I will tell you the story that puts the icing on the cake for chaos. I need to give a little bit of background before I start the story. My dad has a very bad temper. Ty and I borrowed my parents minivan and camper to go to fireworks.

We are traveling home to Searcy from our fireworks tent in Clarksville. Ty and I were in the van following our friends who were pulling the camper with their truck. The camper started fishtailing a little so we pulled over at the next exit to check the tires, etc. We get back on the road and four miles later, the camper starts fishtailing. This time it is not just a little, it is 90 degrees to the truck. I am freaking out because I'm watching this all unfold. It was a silent freak out though. He finally gets pushed over to the median by the force of the camper. That's when it got really bad. The camper started to flip over. Since it was still attached to the truck, the truck started to flip. Just at the last moment, the safety latch on the trailer snapped, so the camper let go of the truck. This allowed the truck to slam back down on all four wheels. We knew everyone was okay, but the camper was definitely not. It was on its top in the median of I-40 in Tennesee. The camper was totalled. The windows were busted out and our belongings were scattered all over the highway. We spent the next hour sorting through the wreckage and getting our things in the truck and the van. This was a huge feat since they were already were packed. We finally made it back to Searcy, but it was absolute chaos in the camper and while the camper was crashing.

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker