Friday, April 08, 2005

Hypocriticism

Recently I was watching t.v. with some friends. We were discussing our favorite shows during a commercial break. Someone brought up Desparate Housewives. I myself do not watch it, but not because I think it is a bad show. Anyways, one person started going off on how awful of a show it was. She said the moral values were terrible, and that no Christian should watch that show. I was not offended, but I did feel she had overstepped her bounds. Then, we started talking about Survivor (I am a huge fan). That same girl kept going on about how much she loved Stephanie. I like Stephanie too, but she did flat out lie, which I think you can play the game without losing your morals. I played the Devil's Advocate and pointed out that she lied and that wasn't right. That girl said, I don't care, she's playing a game. That girl is also a huge fan of Friends, and Seinfeld. Both of those shows don't have good morals either. What gives her the right to okay what she is watching but condemn others? That really bugs me that she does not care if she watches it, but she can pass judgement about other people's t.v. viewing habits. I am just very tired of having to deal with hypocritical people.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

AMEN! I don't remember if we talked about this situation after it happened. I don't want to share with the whole blog world about this subject because you never know who will read this. But, you know what I'm thinking. Arrrgh, people who judge me.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker