Thursday, April 14, 2005

R.I.P. Favorite Pair of Pants

Last night I had to have a funeral for my favorite pair of pants. I am heartbroken! The worst part is, there is nothing wrong with them. These pants are so cute! They are red, which is my favorite color. Here's the situation:
I came home from work and was standing in the living room with my red pants on. I forgot to put a belt on, so they weren't exactly up on my hips like they need to be. Anyways, my darling husband said, "Do you like those pants?"
Me:"Yes, why do you not?"
Him:" No, they make your belly pooch out and they are too long."
Me:"That's because I don't have on a belt today." I then pull my pants up where they go and he says:"Well, that makes your thighs look too big."
By this time, I'm slightly upset. So I sit down kind of frustrated.
And he says: "Are you mad?"
Me: "A little, I don't like you saying that my pants don't look good on me."
Him: "Well, they don't and you should be big enough to handle it when I tell you something like that."

Needless to say, my feelings were hurt. Maybe guys can tell each other things like that, but girls do not need to hear this from their husband or for that matter any guy.

I'll never wear my red pants again.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

OH KYLA!!! Not your red pants! I think they're cute on you. The thing is, in my opinion, if we have big thighs or pooching stomach, we can't hide it too well. We might as well wear something that makes us happy. I've seen you wear your red pants, many a times and I've never noticed it. Booooo Ty!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker