Monday, April 04, 2005

Terrible Shoe Decisions

Saturday I finally gave into the pointy toe, black heel idea. I found some way cute shoes that are versatile enough to wear with jeans and my Sunday dresses. I was so excited. So that night I went out on the town to a pizza parlor and to a comedian downtown in Little Rock. I really didn't walk that much. Maybe like 15 minutes combined. After the comedian, I had to walk back to the car without my shoes on. My feet hurt so bad. It was so frustrating. I couldn't wear any shoes on Sunday because the balls of my feet were bruised so bad. That is an extreme breaking in. I don't think I'll ever conform to fashion again. I felt like Monica on that episode when her boots hurt. Only, my husband wasn't nice enough to give me a piggy back ride. He just said, "Walk barefoot through the RiverMarket." It won't hurt you! Thankfully, I didn't step on any broken beer bottles. Ha!
On the notes of fashion, why is it fair that women have to go to so much trouble to look good, and guys don't. It's not fair the amount of money, time, pain, and energy that women have to spend to even appear normal and healthy! What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

HA!! You finally gave into the pointy shoe! Well, I learned my lesson about the pointy shoe. The key is to buy flats. The muscles in my ankles start to hurt if I wear my high heels for a whole day. Save the high heels for an occasion that only requires walking to and from the car. I always think ahead about my walking situation, when I decide which shoes to wear. That's probably why my bag last weekend was so heavy, I had to come prepared with my shoes!

I agree, boys just have to give us a smile and that's good enough. It totally stinks, but one thing that makes me happy about being a girl, is makeup. I feel sorry for guys that have a HUGE zit, they can't use concealer or anything, because that's just gay. So at least our face doesn't look as gross. I personally would be mortified if I had to walk around with a huge zit and NO concealer of any sort.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker